Friday, October 9, 2009

In Loving Memory of Aussie Bear Benshoof

It is with great sadness that I share with you the passing of our beloved companion, Aussie Bear. We finally made the painful decision to have him put down. We could no longer sit back and watch him suffer. He was in so much pain and was no longer the happy spunky puppy he used to be. He had such a big heart; he desperately tried to continue being the ever playful pup, but his poor little body just couldn't keep up. I will forever remember him as the dog who loved to play tug of war, especially with trees, chase the ripples in water, obsessively clean Quigley's ears, and who completely devoted himself to being a faithful and loving companion. He was supposed to be Shawn's Christmas present in 1999, but he quickly became my dog. He was so much my dog. When we first brought him home, he was my shadow. He followed me wherever I went. He was so cute, he looked just like a little bear cub. I remember thinking he was such a chubby puppy, but when I went to pick him up for the first time, my hands just sank into massive fur. I would spend the next ten years complaining about that fur being left all around my house. What I wouldn't give to have that hair floating around my house again. I love you Aussie Bear and I miss you so much. Rest in peace sweet puppy.
Aussie Bear Benshoof
9/22/1999 - 9/30/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment